The government of West Bengal today launched the student credit card. With the help of the credit card, a student can get a subsidized loan of up to ₹10 lakh to pursue higher education.
Regarding the student credit card, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said: I am delighted to announce that the government of West Bengal has launched the student credit card today. In order to empower young people in Bengal, the Scheme grants a loan of up to ₹10 Lakh with a simple annual interest.
The project was approved by the West Bengal Cabinet last week, which the Trinamool Congress promised in its election manifesto.
Banerjee told reporters on Thursday: “Today the Cabinet gave the green light to the student credit card program. Anyone who has spent 10 years in West Bengal is eligible. The loan will be available to undergraduates. , postgraduate, doctoral and post-doctoral studies – doctoral studies in India or abroad. “
Everything you need to know about the diet
- Depending on the credit card system, it will have a credit limit of ₹10 lakh with only 4% interest rate and easy repayment options so students don’t have to depend on their parents to pursue higher education.
- Anyone who has spent 10 years in West Bengal can take advantage.
- The loan will be available for undergraduate, postgraduate, doctoral and post-doctoral studies in India or abroad
- Anyone is eligible for the scheme up to the age of 40.
- Fifteen years will be given to a student to repay the loan after finding a job, the chief minister said.
(With contributions from agencies)
Never miss a story! Stay connected and informed with Mint. Download our app now !!